Monday, January 24, 2011

Inspiration

It seems funny how things come about sometimes, 2 of the 3 items I wanted to photograph during this Winter season are bare trees and icicles.  There is something that draws me to the bare trees each year but I can't exactly put my finger on it.  And there are a few clusters of icicles I see each Winter on the rock faces along some higher elevation roads.  One of my goals this year was to put a couple of days aside and spend some time with the trees and the ice.  Usually, when I have ideas like these I'll also have somewhat of a game plan...maybe some ideas in my head, and usually some sketches with rough concepts on them, but for these two I have nothing, just the fact that I want to go and do it, and yet it's mid January and I still haven't even made an attempt.  I think I'm hesitant because I just don't know what to do, or even were to start.

As I was skimming through FB today I happened to come across a post from a famous photographer that I follow (or Like), and there was an image of a cluster of icicles, with a foreground feature, just as beautiful as any could be, and it immediately struck me, That's it...not that I want to copy the image I was looking at, but it gave me great reference, composition, rule breaking ideas.

And later today,  while I was trying to remember a username and password that I had created to pay some bills I got tired of defeat and decided to read some blogs that I  follow, one of the articles referenced an upcoming print sale and had a link to the photographer who's prints they'll be selling, low and behold the photographer has an outstanding gallery of images of...that's right...trees.  http://www.charlescramer.com/index.html

Once again the creative wheels started turning and I already of a collection of ideas in my head.  2 items covered in one day, I might be busy this weekend.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment